About Our Company and Our Mission
QbDVision is a modern software company defining and building a new software category within the pharma and biotech industry. Our mission is straightforward: help organizations swiftly and efficiently deliver the next generation of innovative therapies to patients.
As a fast-growing startup, you’ll collaborate with a diverse collective of dreamers, thinkers, and doers on a mission to reshape how our clients create and deliver life-changing therapies. Our group of talented and highly-motivated people are located worldwide and strive toward every goal with an unflinching commitment to succeeding together. Here, you’ll be working with some of the world’s largest pharma and biotech companies, who are pushing the boundaries of therapeutic innovation. And together, we can make an impact.
We are a people-first organization focused on building strong teams and creating an exceptional environment for our employees. We are a remote-first company that understands its people are its greatest asset. At QbDVision, there will be growth opportunities. We are looking for individuals that thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth atmosphere and want to take ownership of their roles. We are rapidly building our core teams to support our company’s future growth.
About the role
We’re looking for an excellent Visual UI designer with a strong passion for usability, aesthetics, and interactions who can weave seamlessly between visual design and UX. You will be involved in every aspect of product development, from brainstorming to tweaking pixels and interactions right before launch. You will utilize your entire range of product design, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design skills to build remarkable experiences for complex multi-step workflows.
If you have a solutions-oriented approach to work and a solid willingness to venture into the unknown, experiment, and work collaboratively to make the product more user-friendly and delightful, we will be a great fit.
What You’ll Own
- Develop a visual language for the product based on brand language to uplift the product’s overall UI and interaction quality.
- Create and maintain a design system and guidelines for the product to be used across the entire product. Work closely with front-end developers to align the design system with the UI library on tools like Storybook.
- Collaborate on product development – gathering requirements, brainstorming, wireframing, interaction design, prototyping, getting feedback, and iterating.
- Produce adaptive designs that work on multiple devices and screen sizes.
- Communicate clearly and hand off designs to the development team.
- Perform visual quality reviews of the product developed by developers.
- Add delight to products by designing elements like icons, illustrations, animation, etc based on the product’s visual language.
What You Need To Succeed
- You have a solid understanding of core design principles, responsive design, typography, color, and page layout.
- You can abstract complex topics and map those abstractions to user-friendly interfaces with brand elements, guidelines, and systems in mind.
- You have a deep aesthetic sensibility and a perpetual curiosity for new and emerging approaches to human-centered design. Your design execution and aesthetic choices elevate the product you are designing.
- You have a natural eye for design and instantly notice minute details like alignment, typeface, colors, shadows, spacing, etc.
- Your Design (Figma) files, notes, and questions are amazingly organized.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in user interface and interaction design. Preferably with data-heavy products in a B2B company within a complex domain.
- An understanding of HTML and CSS concepts, accessibility (WCAG guidelines)
- Experience working on design systems, knowledge of atomic design principles and component-based design, and a strong understanding of responsive and adaptive design principles.
- Know or willing to learn software stack as follows, and whatsoever more is required:
- UX/UI design software like Figma, Miro, etc.
- Project management software like Jira, Trello, ClickUp, Asana, etc.
- Experience of closely working with front-end developers and familiarity with agile development workflows.
Other skills, attitude
- Strong communication skills and can articulate your design decisions, showcase to a wide audience with empathy and openness to conflicting opinions.
- You are detail-oriented with a natural curiosity, able to dive deeply into matters outside of your area(s) of expertise where necessary.
- You are amazingly creative and analytical enough to be comfortable with complex problem-solving.
- A visual communication/design degree
- Interest and/or experience in data visualization
What You Will Love About Us!
- Culture of teaching and learning.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Family-Friendly PTO Policies – Unlimited vacation policy reflects our family-first culture and encourages a healthy work-life balance.
- Hybrid Office Model – As a virtual company with teammates around the world, you can work from home and/or go into an office if you are near a QbDVision office location.
- Stipends for equipment, office supplies, and personal development (conferences, skill training, etc.)